A super duper quick update to let you know what we are up to. We haven't posted lately because we have been mesmerized by the fall colors up here. The past couple of weeks have been gorgeous, but now all the leaves are falling and causing there to be mounds upon mounds of leaves everywhere.
We are pretty well settled in at our place, even hung up our art and some pictures. It feels like life is settling into some sort of "normal", whatever that means. TJ has really enjoyed what he's been doing (which has been everything from a funeral to premarital counseling and everything that happens in between). He preached his first sermon here this past Sunday, and will be preaching pretty much on a monthly basis going forward. You can listen to it here: http://www.2ndcongo.com/ministries.html
I am still adjusting to being a stay at home mom and most days love it. I miss the structure of a full time "job" but at the same time appreciate the fact that Ellie an I can stay in our pajamas until whenever we want. I have managed to join a bible study and a book study at church as well as a book club at our local library (which is roughly a 60-second walk from our home). The weather IS getting colder! As I type this it's 47 degrees and the warmest it's been all day. I know once the snow comes it will again be an even bigger adjustment. So far we're all having fun and enjoying ourselves, even Tripod.
Halloween is real big up here - everyone we know dressed up and went Trick or Treating. Ellie was a pink poodle, but all we did was go out to dinner. There were several kids dressed up in the restaurant, so it was pretty fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment