I just wanted to post a quick update on what we've been up to over the summer.
Deacons Bible Study -- For the last few months I've been leading the deacons through a Bible study on 1 John. It's been a great study focusing on the body of Christ and how the church works. We've especially enjoyed learning how God's love for us enables and leads us to love the church.
Sunday Night Bible Study -- We've also been leading a Bible study at our place on Sunday nights. It's off to a great start and is slowly growing. We're going through a study of, well, the whole Bible. We're going through a really big picture overview of the Old Testament, spending a week or two on each book. After we finish the OT we're planning on moving to the New Testament.
As you probably can guess we're also spending lots of time planning for the next baby Turner, yet to be named. I'm told that going from one to two is the hardest transition. We'll find out...
We're also slowly working to develop the worship at 2nd Congo. We're taking a slower approach than we initially planned, working to bring change over time.
We're also learning that everybody disappears for the Summer in New England. Since nobody leaves their house in the Winter that means you really have to make the most of the ministry opportunities you have whenever you have them!
Thanks for your continued prayers and support!
*You may notice that this was not exactly posted in the Summer of 2011. I've been going through our blog and realizing that I wrote a number of updates that I never actually published... oops...
No comments:
Post a Comment